If COVID resulted in anything positive it was remote work! Our office has gotten more use in the past year than all of our five years of being in this house. It’s been a blessing to have the dedicated space but we quickly realized it wasn’t the most inviting or functional area of our home. Sound familiar? Best solution….home office remodel!
Home Office Style & Design
When it comes to remodeling a space it’s all about elevating the look, right?! Well that was the mission for our home office remodel. The goal was to create a space we truly wanted to be in daily. There is a flow to our home that we also wanted to capture in the space and had specific colors and patterns in mind…light and bright with elements of dark for that “pop” effect! The new layout was also important as we wanted to capture any natural light in the best way. For example, our desk faced outward before with our backs to the window. Just by switching up the desk shape and positioning, the desk is still facing outward to be welcoming but now the window sits beside it…game changer!
Home Office Remodel Items
Now for the shopping and selecting of furniture and decor pieces! This is where a project gets fun but also a bit draining as it can be a long hunt and search process to find exactly what you want and within a certain price range. Sometimes a google search for pieces does the trick while other times it’s scanning all your favorite retailers to hopefully snag your vision items. Tip: buy pieces in phrases so it’s not as overwhelming! Here are some of the big piece items we landed on at affordable prices:
- Desk: Sauder Boulevard Cafe Vintage Oak L-Shape Desk
- Desk Chair: Brown Faux Leather Task Chair with Adjustable Height
- Lounge Chair: Sauder Boulevard Cafe Camel Lounge Chair
- Desk Lamp: MAXvolador Store Industrial Touch Control Table Lamp
- Floor Lamp: Jiosxc 3-Way Dimmable Touch Floor Lamp
- Shelving: Wallniture Floating Wall Ledge Shelf Set of 2
- Bookcase: Room Essentials 5 Shelf Bookcase
- Ottoman: The Gray Barn Juniper Hill Woven Square Pouf
- Rug: Darcy Modern Farmhouse Tribal Pattern Ivory Rug by Cotton Stem
Of course the home office remodel project party doesn’t end with just purchasing the main items. It’s all the little details that truly make it come together. So don’t forget to think about the perfect wall paint color to liven things up as well as great wall and shelf decor. Lastly, don’t forget to organize your desk drawers like a pro. Check out all the final touches in our space through my shop page!
Love your home,